cookies Holiday Thumbprints
- 314 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsh"e?t~.:;,~d baki~•a cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Betty Crocker® decorating decors or crushed hard peppermint
- candies, if desired
- Fudge Filling
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, vani!J'a and egg with electric mixer on medium
speed, or mix with spoon, until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa and salt until dough forms.
2. Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls
about 2 inches apart. Press thumb or end of wooden spoon into center of each cookie, but do not
press all the way to the cookie sheet.
1. Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until edges are firm. If necessary, quickly remake indentations with end of
wooden spoon. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30
4. Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until
steaming. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Cool about 10 minutes or until
5. Spoon rounded 1/2 teaspoon filling into indentation in each cookie. Top with decors.
Makes About 3 1/2 dozen cookies