Linguine with Shrimp, Tomatoes and Basil
Had it once at my sister's, was delicious.
- peeled deveined with tails intact:
- 12 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic closes. reeled and minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 pound large raw shrimp,
- 1 \2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14.5-oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh’ leaves cut into thin strips.
- Salt and ground pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the linguine and cook until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter and olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add the shrimp to the pan and sauté until they start to turn pink and are almost cooked, 2 to 3 minutes. Deglaze the pan with white wine and simmer for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and juice and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes until slightly thickened.
4. Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the basil. Toss to combine and season to taste. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)