Peach and Blueberry Coffee Cake
Breakfast and Brunch - Nancy N Wilson
- COFFEE CAKE:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp orange peel, grated
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 cube)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lg eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 3 tbsp milk (add milk slowly and use only as much as needed)
- 1/4 f tsp almond extract
Adapted from google.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Butter a 13x9" baking dish.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and orange peel. Cut butter into flour mixture with two knives or pastry cutter until mixture is consistency of coarse meal. Add milk, eggs, and vanilla, stir until well blended.
Pour 3/4 of the batter into buttered baking dish. Top with sliced peaches and blueberries. Spoon remaining batter over the fruit.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until top is golden brown and springs back when touched lightly. Cool 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, blend powdered sugar, milk and almond extract until smooth. Drizzle over coffee cake.
You'll also love
- Creamy Peppercorn Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Mini Tomato and Goat Cheese Burgers 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Coconut Macaroons 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Orange Peel Shrimp 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Red Velvet Strawberry Shortcake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Peach Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Brown Butter Peach Cobbler 4.5/5 (22 Votes)