Apple Cornbread Muffins
Breakfast and Brunch -Nancy N Wilson
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lg egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 lg apple, peeled, cored and coarsely diced (Granny Smith apples preferred)
Adapted from google.com
Preheat the oven to 425 degree F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl, blend well.
In a separate bowl, blend together the milk, egg, and butter. Add the apple and the milk/egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix lightly; only until dry ingredients are moistened. (The batter will be slightly lumpy. DO NOT over mix!)
Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full. Bake for 30 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and the tops spring back when touched.
You'll also love
- Chinese Coconut Buns 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Almond-Cherry Cake 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Chipotle Scalloped Sweet Potatoes 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Roasted Carrots with Avocado and... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Candy Apple Chips 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Vegetable Stew with Cornmeal... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Golden Plum Balsamic Glazed... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)