Shrimp With Lemon, Tarragon, Green Beans, And Peas
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter - (1 1/2 sticks) room temperature
- 1/2 cup minced fresh tarragon plus
- 1 package fresh tarragon sprigs tied together
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 2 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 cups chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 ounces green beans trimmed, and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 2 cups frozen petite peas
- 16 uncooked jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined, and shells reserved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Mix butter, minced tarragon, chives, and lemon peel in small bowl.
Melt 2 tablespoons herb butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and thyme; sauté 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; sauté until very tender, about 6 minutes longer.
Bring 8 cups water and tarragon sprigs to boil in large saucepan over high heat. Add beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer beans to bowl of ice water.
Add peas to boiling water; cook 2 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer peas to bowl with beans; drain.
Add shrimp to saucepan, reduce heat, and simmer until opaque in center, about 2 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to small bowl.
Add shells to saucepan; boil until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 40 minutes. Discard shells and tarragon sprigs. Stir lemon juice into cooking liquid.
Remove pan from heat; whisk in remaining herb butter. Stir in shrimp. Reheat leeks. Stir in beans and peas. Serve shrimp with sauce alongside vegetables.
This recipe yields 4 main-course servings.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (769 Votes)
- Crockpot Ham, Green Beans &... 3.8/5 (293 Votes)
- Leek And Camembert Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber, Radish, Watercress... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Lobster, Wild... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans With Orange And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sugar-Seared Salmon With Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)