Zucchini Nut Bread
Breakfast and Brunch _ Nancy N. Wilson
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 lg eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 cube)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini, washed, scraped, trimmed and grated
- 3/4 cup nuts, chopped
Adapted from google.com
Wash, trim, scrape, and grate zucchini. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Butter 2 loaf pans 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2". Melt butter and set aside to cool slightly.
Place all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl and stir together. In separate bowl, place eggs, cooled melted butter, oil and vanilla; Blend together with wire whisk or electric hand mixer. Add grated zucchini and nuts (can be made without nuts, if you prefer). Add dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly blended- do not over mix. Pour into loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool in loaf pans for 10 minutes on wire rack, remove from tins and continue to cool loaves on wire rack.
Optional- Glaze with simple white icing made of 2 cups powdered sugar, 3 tbsp milk and 1 tsp vanilla.
OR-slice and serve warmed with butter or at room temperature with whipped cream cheese.
Store in airtight container at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Ten-Minute Blackberry Cream Pie W.... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Blue Cheese Grapes with Spicy,... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken with... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Hummus, Cucumber, and Avocado Wrap 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Kahlua Pumpkin Cheesecake Martini 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts with... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins .. no... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)