Panzanella With White Anchovies
- 8 Ounces Stale Saltless Italian Bread, Cut Into Cubes
- 4 Medium Ripe Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- 10 Pitted Black Olives, Chopped
- 2 Cups Fresh Arugula
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 8 White Anchovies
- 1/4 Cup Shaved Pecorino Cheese
Adapted from italianfoodforever.com
Break the bread into pieces, and soak briefly in water until moistened.
Carefully squeeze dry.
Whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
Place the bread in a bowl and add the tomatoes, onion, olives, and arugula, and mix well.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well.
Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
Divide onto two plates, then garnish with the anchovies and cheese shavings.