Scallops And Haricots Verts With Creamy Bacon Vinaigrette
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon cut crosswise
- into 1/2" strips
- 12 ounces haricots verts trimmed, and cut crosswise into 1 1/2" pieces
- 2 pounds sea scallops side muscles removed
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
Sauté bacon strips in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Reserve skillet and drippings.
Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; transfer to large bowl. Cover bowl loosely with foil.
Heat drippings in reserved skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Working in batches, add scallops to skillet; cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to bowl with beans; cover loosely with foil. Reserve skillet.
Whisk vinegar, water, and mustard into drippings in reserved skillet. Boil over high heat until reduced by half, stirring frequently and scraping up browned bits, about 7 minutes. Stir in whipping cream; bring sauce to boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add bacon to bowl with beans and scallops; mix gently. Divide mixture among 6 plates. Drizzle with sauce, sprinkle with dill, and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Serve with: Unoaked California Chardonnay wild rice with spring herbs watercress with orange juice vinaigrette lemon curd tart with strawberry sauce
You'll also love
- Leek And Camembert Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber, Radish, Watercress... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Lobster, Wild... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sugar-Seared Salmon With Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallops With Maple Mustard Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)