Carrot halwa is a simple, delicious and easy to prepare dessert.
- 1 kg carrot
- 4 tbsp ghee/clearified butter
- 1 ltr milk
- 250 gms sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Few raisins, almonds, cashew nuts, pistachio lightly roasted in ghee
- Few strands of saffron mixed in a tbsp of milk
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Wash, peal, grate the carrots.
2. Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel, add the grated carrot & saute for 2-3 minutes on low to medium flame.
3. Add the milk, mix well, cook till the milk is absorbed totally.
4. Add the sugar, mix well, saute till the ghee leaves the bottom of the vessel.
5. Add the cardamom powder, saffron, cashew nuts, pistachio, almonds & mix well .
6. Garnish with toasted almonds, raisins cashew nuts.
7. Serve warm or refrigerate. It tastes good both warm & cold.