Sauteed Baby Zucchini With Squash Blossoms And Lemon Basil
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 pound baby zucchini halved lengthwise, and each half cut lengthwise into 3 wedges
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh lemon basil or regular basil
- Fleur de sel (fine French sea salt)
- 18 zucchini squash blossoms (available at farmers' markets and some specialty foods stores)
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini; sauté until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in basil. Season with fleur de sel. Transfer to plate.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Add squash blossoms and cook until barely wilted and still bright orange, about 2 seconds per side. Arrange atop zucchini and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Market tip: Buy a small pot of lemon basil at a nursery if it's not available at farmers' markets.
You'll also love
- Spicy Grilled Chicken With Creamy... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Broccoli Corn Bread (Weight... 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- ACORN SQUASH WITH BROWN SUGAR -... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Applebee's Mexi-Ranch Dressing 3.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Grape Jelly Without Added Pectin 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Lipton's Green Tea with Citrus 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf 0/5 (0 Votes)