Salmon With Sesame And Orange-Ginger Relish
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 salmon fillet - (abt 2 1/2 lbs)
- 3 large navel oranges
- 1/2 cup matchstick-size strips red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced red onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Vegetable oil as needed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
Whisk first 3 ingredients in small bowl to blend; transfer to 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish. Place salmon, skin-side up, in orange juice mixture; cover with plastic and chill at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours. Bring to room temperature 30 minutes before cooking.
Using small sharp knife, cut peel and white pith from oranges. Working over bowl, cut between membranes to release segments into bowl.
Mix red pepper and next 7 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Fold in reserved orange segments and any accumulated juices. (Can be prepared 1 hour ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil; generously brush with vegetable oil. Place fish, skin-side down, on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until fish is just opaque in center, about 20 minutes.
Using large spatula, gently loosen salmon from foil. Using foil as aid, carefully lift salmon from sheet and allow salmon to slide from foil onto platter. Mound orange relish down center of fish, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Serve with: Alsatian Riesling sautéed sugar snap peas rice pilaf with watercress and green onions white chocolate crème brûlée
You'll also love
- Smoked Salmon 4.5/5 (90 Votes)
- Leek And Camembert Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber, Radish, Watercress... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Lobster, Wild... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sugar-Seared Salmon With Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Halibut With Tomato-Tarragon Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)