- 1 pound sharp yellow cheddar cheese, preferably Wisconsin cheddar
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup Hefeweizen wheat beer
- Assorted crackers, for serving
- Pretzel sticks, for serving
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from tastingtable.com
1. In a food processor fitted with a coarse shredder attachment, grate the cheddar cheese. Remove the shredder attachment and fit the food processor with the blade attachment. Add the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, black pepper and cayenne pepper and pulse to combine. With the processor running, slowly pour in the beer, blending until a smooth mixture forms.
2. Transfer the beer cheese to a serving bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Transfer the bowl to the refrigerator and chill for at least 3 hours or up to overnight (the longer it sits the more the flavors will develop). Serve with crackers and pretzel sticks.