Sake-Steamed Sea Bass With Ginger And Green Onions
- 1 cup uncooked medium-grain rice
- 3/4 cup sake
- 3/4 cup bottled clam juice
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
- 1 garlic clove flattened
- 4 sea bass fillets - (5 oz ea)
- 2 large green onions chopped
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds toasted
Cook rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, combine sake and next 3 ingredients in large skillet deep enough to hold steamer rack. Bring liquid to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
Arrange fish on rack; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place rack in skillet. Top fish with onions; drizzle with soy sauce and sesame oil. Cover skillet; steam fish until opaque in center, about 5 minutes.
Remove steamer rack. Mix cilantro into juices in skillet. Spoon rice onto plates. Top with fish, juices from skillet, and sesame seeds.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 367; total fat, 5 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 62 mg; fiber, 1 g.