- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) egg substitute or 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup (130 g) granulated sugar or other sweetener, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (65 g) canned crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 1/2 cups (190 g) zucchini chunks
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup (75 g) raisins
Adapted from vitamix.com
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch (21.25-cm x 11.25-cm) loaf pan with cooking spray.
Combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice in a medium-size mixing bowl.
Place egg, sugar, vanilla, pineapple, and zucchini into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
Select Variable 1.
Turn on machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
Blend for 10-15 seconds. Stop machine and remove lid.
Add dry ingredients to the Vitamix container and secure lid.
Select Variable 5.
Blend for 20 seconds or until mixed, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Do not over mix.
Stop machine. Gently stir in nuts and raisins by hand.
Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Variation: Use 3/4 cup (150 g) of wheat berries in place of whole wheat flour. Grind berries into flour using the Vitamix Dry Grains container for 1 minute on High prior to using in recipe.
You'll also love
- Apricot Chicken 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crispy, Creamy Potato Puffs 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Nantucket Cranberry Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cabbage Roll Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Salmon with Zucchini... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini Muffins 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Walnut Bread Pudding 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Pineapple Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)