Saffron Orzo With Asparagus And Prosciutto
- 4 tablespoons butter - (1/2 stick)
- 2 ounces thinly-sliced prosciutto cut thin strips
- 1 1/4 cups orzo - (abt 8 oz)
- 3 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads - (loosely packed) crushed
- 1 pound slender asparagus trimmed, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus
- Parmesan cheese shavings
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto and sauté until almost crisp, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet over high heat. Add orzo; stir 1 minute. Add broth and saffron; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until orzo begins to soften, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
Add asparagus; cover and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Uncover; simmer until almost all liquid is absorbed, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Mix in prosciutto and 1/2 cup grated cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl. Garnish with Parmesan shavings.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Roasted Shallot And Tarragon Pesto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Salmon With Cucumber Sour... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Fried Eggs, Caramelized... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta Shells With Halibut And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orzo With Shrimp, Feta Cheese, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine With Mushrooms And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fillet Of Cod With Asparagus And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orzo Baked With Greek Cheeses 0/5 (0 Votes)