Carrot Ginger Soup
This silky smooth soup has a brilliant yellow color, while ginger give it savory flavor.
- 25 g butter
- 200 g onions thinly sliced
- 750 g carrots grated
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Melt butter in a large pan on a low heat & then add onions.
2. Cook out onions but keep stirring as not to brown them.
3. Add carrots, sugar & lemon juice, salt.
4. Pour in a liter of water, cover & leave to cook for 30 minutes.
5. Keep an eye on this though, as you may need to add more water as it
6. Remove from heat & blend, either in a hand held blender.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Now Soup is ready to serve.