Chicken Fajita Grilled Pizza
Don't be alarmed when the peppers turn black while grilling. The skin will easily peel or slip off after cooling.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large poblano or medium green bell peppers
- 2 (12-inch) prebaked pizza crusts
- 1-1/2 cups Ragu® Old World Style® Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (about 12 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1. Lightly coat chicken and onion with oil, then season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper.
2. Grill chicken, onion and peppers, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender.
3. Wrap peppers in aluminum foil; let stand 5 minutes, then remove skin and thinly slice. Thinly slice chicken; set aside.
4. Grill top side of pizza crusts about 1 minute; remove from grill.
5. Evenly spread pizzas with Pasta Sauce, then evenly top with chicken, vegetables and cheese.
6. Grill pizzas, covered, until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve, if desired, with additional heated Sauce and diced avocado.