Endive Salad with Persimmon & Pomegranate
Sweet Fuyu persimmons take center stage in this salad, paired with tangy cheese and slightly bitter endive. The ingredients create a beautiful palette of fall colors, perfect for a dinner party.
- 4 heads red or white Belgian endive
- 1 large pomegranate
- 2 ripe Fuyu persimmons
- 1/2 pounds feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup pistachio nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives, tips and blossoms reserved for garnish (optional)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Adapted from blog.williams-sonoma.com
Trim the ends from the endive, separate the leaves and place in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, stir together the cheese and the 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Add the cheese, pomegranate seeds, persimmons, pistachios and chives to the bowl with the endive.
Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and gently toss together. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Garnish with the chive tips and blossoms and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic... 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Pie 4.3/5 (60 Votes)
- Peach Yogurt Cake with Cinnamon... 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Tomato Pappardelle with Pesto &... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Buttery Tomato... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pistachio-Crusted Tilapia with... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Bowtie Pasta with Sausage and... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with... 5/5 (3 Votes)