Pasta With Fried Eggs, Caramelized Onions, And Bacon
- 3 bacon slices chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 4 medium onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces spaghetti or linguine
- 4 large eggs
- 1 bag fresh baby spinach - (6 oz)
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
Sauté bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels.
Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings; add 3 teaspoons oil and maintain heat. Add onions; sauté until deep golden brown, about 20 minutes. Stir in crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid in bowl. Return pasta to pot; add onions. Cover to keep warm.
Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet; fry until whites are set but yolks are still soft, about 4 minutes. Add spinach, cheese, eggs, and bacon to pasta; toss until egg whites are torn into shreds and spinach wilts. Add pasta cooking liquid to moisten. Season with salt and pepper; serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 521; total fat, 14 g; saturated fat, 4 g; cholesterol, 219 mg; fiber, 8 g.
You'll also love
- Pasta Shells With Halibut And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orzo With Shrimp, Feta Cheese, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Chops With Artichokes And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Watermelon, Green Onion, And Mint... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Pork With Celery Root Puree... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pink Pickled Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Onion, Cheese, And Bacon Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)