SLAP YA MAMA CAJUN NACHOS
These are not ya mama’s nachos, these are Slap Ya Mama Cajun nachos. Can I just say these Nachos were Get In My Belly Good! We enjoyed every bite! This appetizer would be a great starter for your football party.
- 24 Wonton wrappers
- 1 egg white, frothed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning
- 1 lb jalapeno cheese smoked sausage (removed from casing)
- 1 16-ounce container mild Gordo’s white cheese dip
- 1/2 cup slices cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 small can green chilies
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cut each wonton in half and brush lightly with olive oil. Cover a cookie sheet with a single layer of wontons. Brush with egg white and sprinkle lightly with Cajun seasoning. Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes until golden brown.
Meanwhile remove sausage from casing, just cut the casing down one side and peel it away. Sauté sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, crumbling sausage with the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes and drain fat.
On a platter layer the Cajun chips, sausage and cheese. Top with tomato, onion, olives and green chilies.