Omelets With Potatoes, Bacon, And Fresh Chives
- 1/2 pound small boiling potatoes
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives plus
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 bacon slices coarsely chopped
- Butter (optional)
Cook potatoes in pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly. Peel, halve, and thinly slice potatoes.
Whisk eggs, 1/3 cup chives, salt, and pepper in bowl. Cook bacon in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet; pour remainder into cup.
Return skillet to medium heat. Add half of egg mixture; stir with back of fork until edges begin to set. Cook without stirring until omelet is set, lifting edges with spatula to let uncooked egg flow underneath, about 2 minutes.
Spoon half of potatoes and bacon down center of omelet. Fold both sides of omelet over filling; slide out onto plate. Repeat with remaining egg mixture, potatoes, and bacon, adding more bacon drippings or butter to skillet if necessary. Garnish omelets with 1 tablespoon chives.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Mediterranean Salad With Chickpeas... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mango And Lime Chiffon Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leeks Vinaigrette With Smoked... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Chops With Artichokes And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ham And Yukon Gold Potato Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Spiced Lamb Chops With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Pork With Celery Root Puree... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Pork Chops With Serrano... 0/5 (0 Votes)