FABULOUS PEACH CAKE
- 1 large can sliced peaches, drained and mashed (I used 2 regular cans since that is all I had at the time) You could also use fresh peaches.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 regular sized can of evaporated milk
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup coconut (I used a little more than a cup of coconut)
- 1 cup nuts
- Boil everything but the nuts on top of the stove until it thickens, remove from heat, stir in nuts and spread on cooled cake.
Adapted from answers.ask.com
Drain the peaches and empty into a large bowl. I just used my hands to mash them. Add flour, sugar and soda and mix well. Spray a 9 x 13 inch cake pan and pour in batter. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.