Quinoa Black Bean Burgers
These vegetarian burgers are delicious! Your carnivorous friends will be impressed. My favorite way to serve is on a whole-wheat bun with garlic-lemon mayonnaise, fresh raw spinach, sliced tomato, and caramelized onions
I've also served these with roasted red pepper hummus on wheat toast.
Carbohydrates 28.9 g
Cholesterol 42 mg
Fat 10.6 g
Fiber 7.2 g
Protein 9.3 g
Sodium 679 mg
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's RedHot®)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1.Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
2.Roughly mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.
3.Mix the quinoa, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, hot pepper sauce, and egg into the black beans using your hands.
4.Form the black bean mixture into 5 patties.
5.Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
6.Cook the patties in the hot oil until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
You'll also love
- Ravioli Filled with Spring Peas,... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Buttermilk Marinated Pork Chops... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- SALMON BURGERS WITH CITRUS HERB... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE COCONUT CREAM PIE 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Szechuan Snow Peas with Shiitake... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Crock-pot Chicken and Black Beans 4.6/5 (14 Votes)