Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas
When beef carnitas simmer all day in the slow cooker, The meat will be so tender it pulls apart with a fork, Special seasonings add the taco touch.
- 2 to 3 pounds beef chuck or rump roast
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, with liquid
- Corn tortillas
- Your favorite taco toppings: shredded lettuce, salsa, guacamole, cheese, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
Adapted from foodgawker.com
Place roast in slow cooker.
In a small bowl, whisk together chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder and onion powder. Sprinkle spice mixture over the roast. Scatter onion, bell pepper and green chiles over the spices.
Cook on Low 7 to 8 hours, or until beef is pull-apart tender. You should be able to easily shred it with a fork or a pair of tongs.
Serve with corn tortillas and your favorite taco toppings.
You'll also love
- Onion Poppers 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Cole Slaw with Ramen Noodles 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Spicy Snackers 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Cherry Angel Food 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- It's Too Easy Cheeseburger... 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Cheddar Cheese Fondue 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Flounder 4.2/5 (54 Votes)
- Ground Beef, Bacon and Baked Beans... 4.7/5 (26 Votes)