Huevos Rancheros, Chipotle Black Bean Sauce, Avocado Salsa
- 1 small avocado peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup minced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 4 corn tortillas - (5" to 6" dia)
- 4 teaspoons canola oil divided
- 1 cup finely-chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice - (28 oz)
- 1 can black beans - (15 oz) drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped canned chipotle chiles*
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (or sharp cheddar cheese)
- 2 cups thinly-sliced romaine lettuce
* Note: Chipotle chiles canned in a spicy tomato sauce, sometimes called adobo, are available at Latin American markets, specialty foods stores, and some supermarkets.
Stir first 4 ingredients in bowl to blend. Season salsa with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. Arrange tortillas in single layer on sheet. Bake until tortillas are golden, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 3 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cumin; stir 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes with juice, beans, and chiles; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer until almost all liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in another large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet; fry until whites are just set but yolks are still soft, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place 1 warm tortilla on each of 4 plates. Divide bean mixture among tortillas. Top each with 1 egg; sprinkle with cheese and lettuce. Top with salsa; serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 394; total fat, 19 g; saturated fat, 3 g; cholesterol, 215 mg; fiber, 10 g.
You'll also love
- Green Beans, Peas, And Turnips In... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Breaded Orange Roughy With Tomato... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- David Venable's Apple Crisp 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Guacamole with Roasted Tomatillos... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Avocado Tuna Salad 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Meatball Minestrone 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- (Crockpot) Black Bean Soup II 4.4/5 (11 Votes)