Halibut With Capers, Olives, And Tomatoes
- 4 halibut fillets - (6 to 7 oz ea)
- All-purpose flour as needed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil divided
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1/3 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish and sauté until lightly browned and just opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer fish to platter.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet. Add shallots and crushed red pepper; sauté 1 minute. Mix in tomatoes, olives, 1/4 cup basil, and capers. Add clam juice and wine. Boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 4 minutes. Mix in 1/4 cup basil. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over fish.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Serve the fish and sauce over couscous.
You'll also love
- Grilled Spiced Lamb Chops With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gratin Of Potatoes With White... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Goat Cheese, Sun-Dried Tomato, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fillet Of Cod With Asparagus And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crispy Trout With Wilted Watercress 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Catfish Tacos With Tomato And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Halibut In Pernod Broth With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken, Mashed Potatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)