Green Beans, Peas, And Turnips In Warm Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound slender green beans trimmed, and cut in half on diagonal
- 1 pound white turnips - (2" to 2 1/2" dia) each cut 16 wedges
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas or frozen peas thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
Whisk oil, vinegar, and salt in medium bowl to blend.
Cook green beans and turnips in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Transfer vegetables to bowl of ice water. Drain well. (Vinaigrette and vegetables can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and chill.)
Heat vinaigrette in heavy large skillet over medium heat until warm. Add beans, turnips, and peas; toss until heated through and coated with vinaigrette, about 5 minutes. Add all herbs and toss to coat. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Greek-Style Braised Lamb Shanks 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bulgarian Beef Stew 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with... 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Hoisin-Glazed Tofu & Green Beans 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Arkansas Green Beans 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Turnips 4.4/5 (8 Votes)