Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 1/4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbls chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat oven to 375.
To prepare potatoes, place potatoes in Dutch oven, cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until very tender. Drain, cool slightly.
Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add half and half, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp salt, and vanilla. Add eggs, beat well (mixture will be thin). Scrape mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
To prepare topping, sprinkle miniature marshmallows over top of casserole. Lightly spoon flour into a measuring cup, level with knife. Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in pecans, and sprinkle over potato mixture and marshmallows. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (96 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole Ruth Chris'... 4.4/5 (94 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes 4.5/5 (91 Votes)