Penne Pasta with Spinach and Bacon
- 1 (12 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the penne pasta, and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place bacon in the skillet, and cook until browned and crisp. Add garlic, and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook until heated through.
Place the spinach into a colander, and drain the hot pasta over it so it is wilted. Transfer to a large serving bowl, and toss with the remaining olive oil, and the bacon and tomato mixture.
You'll also love
- Roasted Garlic Mushrooms 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Better-than-Ever Beef Enchiladas 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Parmesan Crusted Halibut (Orzo... 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork in the Slow... 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Weight Watcher Crockpot Lasagna 4.2/5 (62 Votes)
- Bean & Bacon Soup 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Angel Hair with Feta and Sun-Dried... 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (39 Votes)