Bell Pepper And Cheddar Frittata
- 1 Yukon Gold potato peeled, and cut into 1/4" cubes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Cook potato in saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain.
Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepper and onion; sauté until tender, about 6 minutes. Add potato, garlic, and oregano; sauté 1 minute.
Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Pour over vegetables in skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover skillet, and cook until eggs are set around edges, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Place skillet in broiler 4 to 5 inches from heat source and cook until cheese is melted and just browned, about 2 minutes. Let frittata stand 1 minute. Cut into 8 wedges.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Serve with: Sourdough toast and a mixed green salad.
Dessert: Oversize brownies.