Yukon Gold Potato And Fuji Apple Gratins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 large shallots minced
- 2 1/3 cups whipping cream
- 2 large fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely-grated peeled Yukon Gold
- potatoes - (abt 9 1/2 oz)
- 1 medium Fuji apple peeled, cored, and finely diced - (abt 1 1/4 cups)
- Chopped fresh chives
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter six 3/4-cup soufflé dishes or custard cups. Place on baking sheet.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallots; sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add cream, thyme, and bay leaf; increase heat to medium. Simmer 3 minutes. Add potatoes; simmer until partially cooked and mixture is thick and creamy, about 4 minutes. Discard thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle diced apple over bottom of prepared soufflé dishes, dividing equally. Spoon potato mixture over. Cover dishes tightly with foil. Bake until potato mixture and apples are tender, about 30 minutes (tops will not be brown). Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with chives and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Wild Mushroom And Gruyere Tart... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Pepper Creme Brulee With Fig... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Watermelon, Green Onion, And Mint... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato-Basil Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Gnocchi With Chicken Livers... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Three-Potato Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Aji Amarillo-Pineapple Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)