Perfect Turkey Gravy
This easy and delicious recipe will produce the perfect gravy for your Thanksgiving dinner. Make ahead of time if you know you'll be crunched for time!
- Reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Pan drippings from roasted turkey
- Melted butter (optional)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Ground black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Stir 1 cup of the chicken broth into pan drippings from roasted turkey in roasting pan, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Pour drippings into a 2-cup glass measure. Skim and reserve fat from drippings. If necessary, add enough melted butter to the reserved fat to make 1/4 cup. Add enough broth to the drippings in the measuring cup to make 2 cups total liquid.
Pour the 1/4 cup fat into a medium saucepan (discard any remaining fat). Stir in flour.
Add broth mixture all at once to flour mixture in saucepan, stirring until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To serve, strain gravy into a serving bowl.
You'll also love
- Lemon Cake 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Pan Fried, Double Dipped, Honey... 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Beef Tips 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Cranberry Walnut Swirl Cookie... 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Asparagus & Salmon Spring Rolls 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Pineapple Poke Bundt Cake 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Holiday Sausage Stuffing 4.5/5 (25 Votes)