Lightly spiced Christmas stuffing
Servings: 0 servings
Not just for Christmas dinner, so good you'll be eating this all year round.
- 200 g white bread (about 5 thick slices, crusts included)
- 1 large onion , quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- large handful of parsley
- 450 g good quality sausagemeat
- 2 Cox's apples , cored, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, strings removed and diced
- 100 g/4oz pack walnut pieces, chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 large egg
- grated zest of 1 lemon and juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 20 rashers rindless streaky bacon
1.Whizz the bread in a food processor to make crumbs. Tip into a large bowl. Put the onion, garlic and parsley in the processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add the onion mix to the breadcrumbs with all the other ingredients except the bacon. Season generously and squish everything together with your hands until combined. 2. Set aside about one third of the stuffing for the turkey and divide the rest into 20 pieces. Mould each piece into a little finger-sized sausage, then wrap each one in a rasher of bacon. Put the sausages into a shallow ovenproof dish, ready for roasting (see Citrus & thyme turkey).