Sweet & Spicy Glazed Brisket
Smoking and then baking this Sweet & Spicy Glazed Brisket makes for a tender, flavorful meaty masterpiece that everyone at your next gathering is sure to love. Perfect for any year-round holiday table, this recipe pairs well with potato salad and grilled vegetables.
- 1 (4-pound) fully-trimmed brisket
- 1 cup brown sugar or brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons paprika
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 240mins
Adapted from heb.com
Preheat grill to medium‑low.
Score brisket using a sharp knife to make shallow cuts in the surface, about 1/4-inch deep and about 1-inch apart.
In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, cumin, cloves, paprika, and salt.
Rub brown sugar mixture over surface of brisket and into scores.
Place brisket fat‑side-down on grill. Smoke 2 hours without turning.
Preheat oven to 250°F.
Remove meat from grill, wrap tightly in heavy‑duty aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake 2 hours.
Remove from oven, allow to stand 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Clean Eating Lemon Vinaigrette 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Healthy Turkey Filet Dinner 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- Famous Dave's Bread Pudding 3.9/5 (133 Votes)
- Popcorn Chicken & Honey Dill Sauce 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's Potato-Beef... 3.7/5 (194 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Whipping Cream... 4.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Cowboy Cornbread 4/5 (129 Votes)