Sweet & Spicy Glazed Brisket
Smoking and then baking this Sweet & Spicy Glazed Brisket makes for a tender, flavorful meaty masterpiece that everyone at your next gathering is sure to love. Perfect for any year-round holiday table, this recipe pairs well with potato salad and grilled vegetables.
- 1 (4-pound) fully-trimmed brisket
- 1 cup brown sugar or brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons paprika
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 240mins
Adapted from heb.com
Preheat grill to medium‑low.
Score brisket using a sharp knife to make shallow cuts in the surface, about 1/4-inch deep and about 1-inch apart.
In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, cumin, cloves, paprika, and salt.
Rub brown sugar mixture over surface of brisket and into scores.
Place brisket fat‑side-down on grill. Smoke 2 hours without turning.
Preheat oven to 250°F.
Remove meat from grill, wrap tightly in heavy‑duty aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake 2 hours.
Remove from oven, allow to stand 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Cream... 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Beef Chili 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Pumpkin Dip 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Crockpot ranch pork chops 4.5/5 (56 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Fudge (Easiest EVER) 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- French Onion & Roast Beef Grilled... 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Homemade Soft Pretzels 4.5/5 (55 Votes)