Szechuan Chicken and Noodles
- 1 1 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 3/4 1 3/4 3/4 cups Yoshida’s Original Gourmet Sauce**
- 2 2 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 2 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 2 2 green bell peppers, diced (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 1 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 2 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 2 2 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1 to box (13.25 oz) whole wheat linguine noodles (you don’t have to use whole wheat)
Adapted from sixsistersstuff.com
* Cook the linguine noodles according to the directions on the package.
* In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
* Add the chicken and cook until chicken turns white and is no longer pink on the inside (takes about 8-10 minutes). Remove the chicken onto a plate.
* In the same skillet, add olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute until soft (about 8 minutes).
* Once the vegetables are done, add the cooked chicken back to the skillet.
* Add in the sauce, minced garlic and paprika. Stir well.
* Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 5-8 more minutes, or until marinade is thoroughly heated and slightly thickened.
* Add in the cooked broccoli last.
When linguine is done cooking drain the water and then add noodles into the chicken/sauce mixture. Stir to combine and serve.