Roasted Red Pepper, Almond, And Garlic Dip
- 1/2 cup whole natural almonds - (abt 3 oz) toasted
- 1 cup drained roasted red peppers from jar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Very finely chop almonds in processor. Add roasted peppers, vinegar, and garlic; process to coarse puree. With machine running, pour olive oil through feed tube and process until puree thickens slightly. Season dip to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to small bowl. (Dip can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
This recipe yields about 1 1/4 cups.
Per tablespoon: calories, 36; total fat, 3 g; saturated fat, 0; cholesterol, 0.