Cookie, Frosted Rhubarb
From Taste of Home
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
Stir in rhubarb and coconut. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen.