Pork Tenderloin Churrasco
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons hot smoked Spanish paprika (Pimentón de la Vera)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary - (packed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins - (16 oz ea) trimmed of fat and silver skin membrane
- Aji Amarillo-Pineapple Salsa (see recipe)
Combine oil and paprika in heavy small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes to infuse oil, whisking occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
Pour oil mixture into blender. Add garlic, thyme leaves, rosemary, salt, and pepper; blend marinade until herbs are finely chopped.
Cut each pork tenderloin lengthwise into 4 strips. Place each strip between sheets of waxed paper and pound to 1/3-inch thickness. Arrange pork strips in 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish. Pour marinade over and turn to coat pork evenly. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to 6 hours.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Scrape off most of marinade from pork strips. Grill pork until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
Arrange 2 pork strips on each of 4 plates. Spoon pineapple salsa atop pork.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Hot smoked Spanish paprika is available from Tienda.com (888-472-1022; tienda.com).