Pork Cracklin's, Shrimp, And Green Pea Salad
- 1 slab bacon - (14 oz) cut 1/2" cubes
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared white horseradish
- 1 bag frozen green peas - (16 oz) thawed
- 1/3 cup diced dill pickle
- 1 curly endive head
- 3 hard-boiled eggs peeled, and cut into quarters
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into wedges
Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until crisp and brown, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
Cover shrimp with water in large saucepan. Squeeze lemon half into water; add lemon to water. Sprinkle generously with salt. Bring shrimp to boil. Remove from heat; let stand 1 minute. Drain, cool, and peel shrimp. Cover and chill.
Blend mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, cream, and horseradish. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill.
Combine shrimp, peas, pickle, and 3/4 cup dressing in large bowl. Line large salad bowl with endive leaves. Mound shrimp salad in center of salad bowl. Garnish with hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes. Sprinkle bacon cracklings over top. Serve, passing remaining dressing separately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Plum Tart With Goat Cheese And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pink Pickled Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Open-Face Roquefort Burgers With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maine Lobster With Wild Mushrooms... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lentil Ravioli With Sausage And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Chops With Spicy Peanut Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Halibut In Pernod Broth With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Sweet-And-Spicy Shrimp... 0/5 (0 Votes)