Wasabi Salmon Burgers
Fat 7 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Cholesterol 100 g
Carbohydrates 3 g
Dietary fiber 0 g
Protein 25 g
Sodium 342 g
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons wasabi powder, (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skinned (see Tip)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon sminced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Adapted from webmd.com
1. Whisk soy sauce, wasabi powder and honey in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
2. With a large chef's knife, chop salmon using quick, even, straight-up-and-down motions (do not rock the knife through the fish or it will turn mushy). Continue chopping, rotating the knife, until you have a mass of roughly 1/4-inch pieces. Transfer to a large bowl. Add scallions, egg, ginger and oil; stir to combine. Form the mixture into 4 patties. The mixture will be moist and loose, but holds together nicely once the first side is cooked.
3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the patties and cook for 4 minutes. Turn and continue to cook until firm and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Spoon the reserved wasabi glaze evenly over the burgers and cook for 15 seconds more.