Key Lime Pie
- 4 oz (weighed) graham cracker crumbs
- 3 1/2 oz (weighed) whole butter
- 1/4 cup pasteurized egg yolks
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 3/4 cups condensed milk
- 3/4 cup key lime juice (Nelle Joe's)
1) Melt butter then mix in a stainless steel mixing bowl with crumbs until well blended.
2) Spray pie tin with food release, then spread evenly (no more than 1/8" thick) over the entire pie tin (bottom and sides).
1) In a stainless steel bowl, whip egg yolks on high until foamy, about 3 mins.
2) Add cream of tartar and the condensed milk to the egg yolks and blend on low for 1 min.
3) Pour key lime juice into mixture and mix on low speed for 1 min. Place prepared pie shell on baking sheet, then ladle mixture into shell. The liquid should reach the top crust to the lip of the pie tin.
4) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place pie in the oven on baking sheet and bake for 12 mins. Cool for 15 mins at room temperature, the refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.