Grilled Salmon Cakes With Lemon Mayonnaise
- 1 cup mayonnaise plus
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 6 green onions - (2 minced, and remaining 4 cut into 4" lengths)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley - (packed)
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless salmon fillets cut 1" cubes
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) (or fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless French bread)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Olive oil as needed
Whisk 1 cup mayonnaise, 2 minced green onions, lemon juice, and grated lemon peel in small bowl to blend. Season lemon mayonnaise to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
Combine remaining 4 green onions and chopped parsley in food processor; blend until finely chopped. Add cubed salmon, Dijon mustard, and remaining 1 tablespoon mayonnaise. Using on/off turns, blend until salmon is coarsely chopped. Transfer salmon mixture to large bowl.
Mix in breadcrumbs, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. With moistened hands and using about 1/3 cupful for each, shape salmon mixture into 8 patties, each about 1/2 inch thick. Brush both sides of salmon cakes with olive oil.
Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Grill salmon cakes to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium. Divide patties among 4 plates. Serve lemon mayonnaise alongside.
This recipe yields 8 cakes.
Try these on grilled buns for a "burger" variation. Panko is available in the Asian foods section of most supermarkets.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (769 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon 4.5/5 (90 Votes)
- Pasta With Lobster, Wild... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans With Orange And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sugar-Seared Salmon With Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Halibut With Tomato-Tarragon Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)