Beetroot soup is healthy & very tasty. It is so simple to make.
- 250 g raw/cooked beetroot (beets), peeled & chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled & chopped
- 2 tbsp low fat creme fraiche (Optional)
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 sticks celery
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Use a heavy bottom pan to gently fry chopped onion in olive oil until it
is soft & translucent.
2. Add the stock, carrot & celery, bring to the boil.
3. If you are using raw beetroot add it as well, but if you are using ready
cooked beetroot cook other ingredients until they are soft before adding
4. Simmer until carrot & beetroot are tender.
5. Use a food processor or hand blender to make a smooth soup.
6. Serve hot with a generous spoonful of creme fraiche (optional) swirled