Grilled Corn Salad With Lima Beans And Tomatoes
- 3/4 cup olive oil more or less
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 6 medium fresh corn ears husked
- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans
- 2 bunches watercress thick stems trimmed, and sprigs torn in half
- 2 cups halved teardrop tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese (or crumbled soft fresh goat cheese)
- 1 cup halved pitted Kalamata olives
- Roasted Red Pepper And Tomato Sauce (see recipe)
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk 1/2 cup oil, vinegar, and shallot in small bowl. Set dressing aside.
Brush corn with remaining 1/4 cup oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until tender and beginning to char in spots, turning often, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly. Cut corn from cobs. Transfer to large bowl.
Cook lima beans in boiling salted water until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain. Mix lima beans into corn.
Mix watercress and tomatoes into corn mixture. Add dressing and toss to coat. Season salad with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese; garnish with olives. Serve, passing Roasted Red Pepper And Tomato Sauce.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (299 Votes)
- Corn Nuggets 3.8/5 (697 Votes)
- Pasta With Lobster, Wild... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans With Orange And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cannellini With Tomato-Sage Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Halibut With Tomato-Tarragon Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)