Cucumber-Avocado Salad With Smoked Trout
- 1 medium hothouse cucumber
- 2 medium pickling cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 avocado halved, pitted, and peeled
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 ounces smoked trout fillets broken bite size
- Fresh dill sprigs
Peel and halve all cucumbers lengthwise, then remove seeds, reserving 1 cup peel and 1/4 cup seeds. Cut cucumbers into 1 1/2- by 1/4-inch strips. Place in medium bowl.
Finely chop reserved cucumber peel and seeds in processor. Add 1/4 cup of chopped peel mixture to bowl with cucumber strips.
Whisk vinegar, dill, and honey in small bowl to blend. Add to cucumber strips and toss to coat.
Using fork, mash avocado in another small bowl; mix in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add avocado to cucumber mixture and toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide cucumber salad among 4 plates. Arrange smoked trout alongside. Garnish with dill sprigs.
This recipe yields 4 appetizer servings.
You'll also love
- Crisp Cheese-Filled Eggplant... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy White Bean Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Of Broccoli Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Pad Thai 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baguettes With Smoked Salmon And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Pork In Corn Husks... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon And Potato Breakfast... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach And Cucumber Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)