Creamy White Bean Dip
- 1 can cannellini - (15 oz) drained (white kidney beans)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Puree first 5 ingredients in processor until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer dip to small bowl. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Mix mint, dill, and lemon peel in small dish; sprinkle over dip.
This recipe yields about 1 1/4 cups.
Per tablespoon: calories, 23; total fat, 1 g; saturated fat, 0; cholesterol, 0.