BLT Bow Ties
- 1 pound farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- 12 bacon slices cut 1" pieces
- 1 can diced tomatoes - (28 oz) drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese - (packed)
Cook farfalle in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain farfalle.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, stirring often. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels.
Pour off all but 3 tablespoons bacon drippings from skillet. Add tomatoes and crushed red pepper to skillet; sauté until tomatoes soften, about 2 minutes. Add arugula, onions, 1/2 cup basil, and bacon; sauté until arugula and basil just wilt, about 2 minutes. Stir in wine; bring to simmer.
Add farfalle to sauce and toss to coat. Mix in 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and remaining 1/2 cup basil; cook until cheese melts and coats pasta, tossing often, about 2 minutes. Season farfalle to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle farfalle with remaining cheese and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Serve with: Whole-wheat breadsticks and carrot sticks with blue cheese dip.
Dessert: Cherry-vanilla ice cream cones.