Avocado And Yogurt Dip With Jalapeno And Cilantro
- 1 container plain nonfat yogurt - (16 oz)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large avocado peeled, halved, pitted, and coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño
- 1 small garlic clove minced
Set strainer over medium bowl; line with double layer of cheesecloth. Place yogurt in cloth-lined strainer. Cover with plastic wrap; chill overnight.
Discard liquid drained from yogurt. Transfer yogurt to processor. Stir cumin in small dry skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cumin to processor, then avocado, 3 tablespoons cilantro, jalapeño, and garlic. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer dip to small bowl. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Press plastic wrap onto surface of dip and chill.) Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cilantro.
This recipe yields about 1 1/2 cups.
Per tablespoon: calories, 22; total fat, 1 g; saturated fat, 0; cholesterol, 0.