Asparagus With Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1 pound large asparagus spears trimmed
- 1/4 olive oil plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 hard-boiled egg finely chopped
Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Refresh under cold running water and drain thoroughly. Arrange asparagus on large platter. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
Whisk oil and vinegar to blend in small bowl. Add tomato, bell pepper, green onion and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
Spoon half of vinaigrette over asparagus. Garnish with egg. Pass remaining dressing separately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.