Watercress, Jicama, And Orange Salad
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed aniseed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 navel oranges
- 4 cups matchstick-size strips peeled jicama (from abt 2 1/2 lbs)
- 2 jars sliced pimientos - (4 oz ea) drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large bunche watercress thick stems trimmed
Whisk first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewhisk before using.)
Remove peel and white pith from oranges. Working over large bowl to catch juices and using small sharp knife, cut oranges between membranes to release segments into bowl. Add jicama, pimientos, and cilantro. Add dressing and toss to coat. Season salad with salt and pepper.
Divide watercress among 8 plates. Top with orange salad and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.